About the Artist
Not formally trained in art, Leslie began to draw when she traveled as a way to see more clearly what was around her. She carried a notebook, pen and tiny paint kit instead of a camera, and when everyone else was clicking away, she whipped out her kit and painted—fast. The simplicity of her paint palette and the speed with which she painted has become her signature style.
Northwest Lower Michigan defines her. She considers herself part of the landscape among the bluestems and butterfly weed, beneath the cedars, willows, and maple trees. The wind of the woods and water speak her language and sing the songs of her childhood. How will a visitor know us if we don’t know who we are? How will we venture out in the world if we have nothing of ourselves to offer? If we treasure our origins, we take these gifts out to the world as we travel, and come home again, enriched twice over. Wherever we are, every day, we create the story and the adventure of our lives. Here are her favorite stories and drawings.
After a lifetime of writing and painting in the margins of work and family, now semi-retired, Leslie has made it a priority to share. Thirty years of travel journals and paintings have been dusted off, edited, and excerpted and will be appearing here on her website as books, fine art, folded note cards and postcards, and other gifts and products for sale.
- Flowers on Woodstove1999 06 00 Michigan, Spring Lighthouse, Flowers on Woodstove
- Spring Lighthouse Side Yard2006 00 00 Michigan, Spring Lighthouse Side Yard
- Spring Lighthouse in Green2020 02 20 Michigan, Elk Rapids, Spring Lighthouse in Green
- Spring Lighthouse in Blue2020 02 20 Michigan, Elk Rapids, Spring Lighthouse Blue
- Parknabinna #7 Wedge Tomb from the South2019 05 20 Ireland, Co. Clare, Parknabinna from South
- Parknabinna #7 Wedge Tomb from the East2019 05 20 Ireland, Co. Clare, Parknabinna from East
- Abandoned Church2019 05 15 Ireland, Co. Cork, Schull, Abandoned Church
- Map of Southwest Cork2019 05 00 Ireland, West Cork, Map of SW Cork
- Drom Beg Stone Circle2019 04 24 Ireland, Co. Cork, Drom Beg Stone Circle
- View North from Schull Cottages2019 04 18 Ireland, Schull, View North from the Cottage
- Altar Dolmen, Looking From the Bay2019 04 16 Ireland, Mizen Head, Altar Dolmen, front
- Altar Dolmen, Looking to the Bay2019 04 16 Ireland, Mizen Head, Altar Dolmen, back
- House and Barn From the Hebridean Princess2018 04 15 Scotland, White House and Red Barn
- Book on the Beach2019 04 10 Michigan, Spring Lighthouse, Book on the Beach
- A Giant Monterey Cypress on Colonsay2018 04 14 Scotland, Colonsay, Monterey Cypress
- Cruising past Duntroon Castle, Off Crinan2018 04 12 Scotland, Off Crinan, Duntroon Castle
- Waiting for the Ship at Craobh Haven Marina2018 04 11 Scotland, Craobh Haven Marina
- A Delicious Croissant by Danillo2018 03 31 Italy, Torcello, Locanda Cipriani, Danillo’s Croissant