About the Artist
Not formally trained in art, Leslie began to draw when she traveled as a way to see more clearly what was around her. She carried a notebook, pen and tiny paint kit instead of a camera, and when everyone else was clicking away, she whipped out her kit and painted—fast. The simplicity of her paint palette and the speed with which she painted has become her signature style.
Northwest Lower Michigan defines her. She considers herself part of the landscape among the bluestems and butterfly weed, beneath the cedars, willows, and maple trees. The wind of the woods and water speak her language and sing the songs of her childhood. How will a visitor know us if we don’t know who we are? How will we venture out in the world if we have nothing of ourselves to offer? If we treasure our origins, we take these gifts out to the world as we travel, and come home again, enriched twice over. Wherever we are, every day, we create the story and the adventure of our lives. Here are her favorite stories and drawings.
After a lifetime of writing and painting in the margins of work and family, now semi-retired, Leslie has made it a priority to share. Thirty years of travel journals and paintings have been dusted off, edited, and excerpted and will be appearing here on her website as books, fine art, folded note cards and postcards, and other gifts and products for sale.
- Resting on His Guitar2010 10 09 Ireland, Co Clare, Doolin, Guitarist
- Two Nights Past the Honey Moon2014 08 07 Michigan, Two Nights Past the Honey Moon
- From the Balcony of the Excelsior Hotel1999 11 25 Italy, Rome, The Balcony of the Excelsior Hotel
- Standing Stone in County Clare on Inish Orr Island2010 10 16 Ireland, Inish Orr Island, Standing Stone
- Altar Dolmen, Looking to the Bay2019 04 16 Ireland, Mizen Head, Altar Dolmen, back
- Gondola in Venice2016 03 26 Italy, Venice, Gondola
- Baie Orientale on a Windy Day2001 03 31 St. Martin, Baie Orientale on a Windy Day
- Curbstone Etched at Knowth2007 04 19 Ireland, Co. Meath, Knowth, Curbstone Etched
- Chiesa Del Collegio1999 11 19 Italy, Sicily, Siracusa, Chiesa Del Collegio
- Ventry Ogham Stones2010 11 13 Ireland, Co. Kerry, Dingle, Ventry Ogham Stones
- The Front Door of the Delphi Lodge2007 04 26 Ireland, Co. Mayo, Delphi Lodge, Front Door
- Mandan-Hidatsa Site on Missouri River2015 09 26 N. Dakota, Mandan-Hidatsa Site on Missouri R.
- House and Barn From the Hebridean Princess2018 04 15 Scotland, White House and Red Barn
- Travaasa Monkeypod Tree2014 12 00 Hawaii, Maui, Travaasa, Hana, Monkeypod Tree
- Map of Places of Interest in Northeast Ireland2007 04 11 Ireland, Places of Interest, Northeast
- Michigan Black Willow2009 00 00 Michigan, Acme, Black Willow
- A Giant Monterey Cypress on Colonsay2018 04 14 Scotland, Colonsay, Monterey Cypress
- Coffee Pot and Cup at the Locanda Cipriani2018 03 26 Italy, Venice, Torcello, Coffee Pot and Cup